The Eclipse Period
December 21st, 2010 and January 4, 2011
Lunar Eclipse on Tues, Dec 21 ’10 @ 29 Gemini
Solar Eclipse on Tues, Jan 4, ’11 @ 13 Capricorn
We enter into a wormhole as we approach the first eclipse until after the completion of the final eclipse.
Think of being transported into another reality, during which shapeshifting and dramatic shifts can occur.
The guidance is to go with the changes, rather than to resist.
Emotions run high around eclipses and you can expect the unexpected as well as fated events, so be prepared to be flexible.
Eclipses can either clear huge obstacles or manifest potential challenges and things usually happen quickly.
If you’re confronted with an unexpected situation or event, take a moment to assess where you are and let the dust settle, if possible.
There’s a saying, “Don’t just do something, sit there!” Use that guidance when anxiety triggers you to act prematurely or reactively, which doesn’t serve your highest good.
Please don’t judge events that happen around an Eclipse as “good” or “bad” because you don’t know what the big picture is and know that more will be revealed.
Here is general info about Eclipses so that you’ll recognize the ways they can manifest and how you can work with the energy.
* The energy lasts for about six weeks – you feel it two weeks before the 1st Eclipse (in this case, Lunar) and two weeks between the Eclipses, and then two weeks after the last Eclipse (in this case Solar)
* In your chart, you’ll feel the anxiety and experience the Eclipse effects most intensely in the houses that are ruled by Gemini/Cancer and Sagittarius/Capricorn (for this Lunar Eclipse)
* Eclipses have a “Uranian” quality – expect sudden changes, unpredictable events, moments of fate and fated events
* An Eclipse is like – POW! – a jolt, it makes things happen
* Eclipses indicate “unnatural acts” (check the news) – and you may feel unnatural around an Eclipse
* Things may seem out of proportion during an Eclipse
* The story that opened up during the last set of eclipses is in effect until the next one (the last set was in late June/mid-July ’10 – what was going on for you then?)
* Themes and issues will be revisited – what has been suppressed or denied in your life for the last five months? Time to address it!
* Eclipses can bring important contacts into your life – or take people out of your life
* Eclipses can “clean things out”
* Solar eclipses are about beginnings (New Moons)
* Lunar eclipses are about endings or the culmination of things (Full Moons)
* People may overreact, be overly emotional, tense, and are often controlling due to feelings of powerlessness
* On the day of an eclipse you are “in the dark,” so relax into “easy does it” mode as much as possible
My guidance during this time is to slow down, breathe consciously and be extra mindful, stay as flexible as possible, and for you overachievers – take twice as much time to do half as many things!